ROUND five of the FAB Racing British Championship was hosted by Llandow in the south of Wales. With a favourable forecast for the weekends racing the YRF Juniors set out on the Job in hand.

YRF Junior rider James Alderson used the Friday practise sessions to get the best set up for the technical track. After several gearing changes and a new exhaust pipe, James instructed his mechanic (Father Stephen) to remove the engine to make some final alterations.

Saturdays qualifying sessions were spent much like the Friday, with many of the settings been changed once again. The first qualifying session saw James take second spot, but the County Durham youngster was still not comfortable with the set up. James looked more comfortable during qualifying two until his clutch went, with no time left James had to settle for fourth.

Sunday morning was race day and the eager youngster lined up on the grid for race one. James got a great start and left with the leading group of six and battled hard through the field. As he moved up through the field he managed to take second position for a lap when the race was red flagged. The race was declared and James was awarded second place.

Race two saw yet another lightening start, but after a drama filled race with many riders falling and yellow flags, James finished fourth. In the third and final race James got a terrible start, falling back to ninth in to the first corner. Setting his sights towards the front, James knuckled down and carved his way back up to fourth. Yet again the race was red flagged and James was awarded his position from the previous lap which was seventh, this gave young Alderson fourth overall.

James would like to thank his family and friends, NGK Sparkplugs, EC1 Drinks Limited, Bikewise and the YRF.

Boothferry Primary School pupil Charlie Atkins (age 10) was also back in action for round 5 of the British Mini bike Championship.  Where he was again riding his Metrakit GP50 and his Scott Redding sponsored GRC junior production minimoto.

With a good qualifying session Charlie put himself second on the grid on the minimoto and 3rd on the GP50.

As Sunday warm up started Charlie had a busy day ahead of him with 6 races on the 2 different bikes. Race one on the minimoto started well with Charlie leading into the first corner. Then a slight moment on lap two cost him the lead and he slipped into Third. Quickly regaining his composure he was soon back into second and on the heels of the leader. But a race stoppage due to a crash put an end to the great battle ahead. On lap count back Charlie was awarded a great third place. Race 2 was to be another great battle with 4 riders chasing for the win. This time Charlie was to come out on top with him only losing the lead for 2 of the 8 laps. Race 3 was nearly a copy of the first with the lead changing hands between Charlie and his main rival for the day and another red flag gave Charlie a good second for the race. These great results gave Charlie the overall first for the day.